Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wave Jazz, Pacific Grove, 2009.







Once of my photographic genres is the wave splash backlit by the setting sun. I have a lot of them, and will begin posting them more often. The wave caught in mid-air creates a nice abstract image, and the glassiness of the water is accentuated by the dramatic light. I enjoy photographing these waves, but have to be careful that I don't get drenched. When I was trying to come up with a name for this genre, the phrase "wave jazz" came into my mind; it's a little corny, but I can't think of a better name for these photos. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. this is enigma4ever of http://watergatesummer.blogspot.com/,

    or @watergatesummer,

    I love your wave photos...
    I think I know where most were taken -that makes it better...
    love this one...
    it's down near monteray on the path... I think....
    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete